- The below travel and return policy come into effect on Sunday, 4 September at 6 PM Qatar time
- An updated travel and return policy will come into effect on Tuesday, 1 November 2022 (click here).
Citizens and residents are advised to exercise caution when traveling to international destinations taking into account their vaccination status and the extent to which COVID-19 is spreading in the country of arrival.
- It is the responsibility of travelers to know about any changes to the travel and return policy through official sources and websites before planning to travel to the State of Qatar.
- Travelers must adhere to the measures in place in the State of Qatar to limit the spread of COVID-19 at all times.
- COVID-19 Country Red Risk Classification is no longer applicable.
- Quarantine is no longer mandatory for all travelers arriving from abroad, however, travelers who test positive for COVID-19 after arriving in Qatar must undergo self-isolation measures in accordance with the procedures followed in the State of Qatar.
- Citizens and residents of the State of Qatar from age 6 years and above must take a Rapid Antigen (RAT) test within a period of 24 hours upon arrival in the State of Qatar at one of the Primary Health Care Centers or private medical centers, noting that the health status in the Ehteraz application will be updated to become gray in case of non-compliance with the test procedure.
- Visitors from age 6 years and above must bring a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test certificate with a negative result valid for 48 hours or a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) certificate valid for 24 hours, from the scheduled flight to the State of Qatar. Note that Rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.
- Minors age 0-5 years are exempted from COVID testing.
- GCC nationals and residents must download the Ehteraz mobile app and activate it on their mobile phones using a local or international SIM card, noting that they are excluded from the pre-entry online registration.
- All other categories not belonging to (section 8) above are also obligated to download the Ehteraz mobile app and activate it on their mobile phones using a local or international SIM card; And to register in the pre-entry online registration system through the website (www.ehteraz.gov.qa) at least three (3) days before arrival. All relevant documents to be uploaded including certificates of COVID-19 vaccination or recovery. FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 visitors who hold Hayya Cards are excluded from the pre-entry online registration requirement on Ehteraz website.
Ehteraz Mobile Application Policy:
- Travelers arriving in Qatar must download on their mobile phone devices and activate the Ehteraz app upon arrival at Qatar’s entry ports. To do so, the traveler must have the following:
The Ehteraz mobile application with health status indicated as Green is required to gain access to public facilities around Qatar.
The Heath Status on the Ehteraz mobile app for fully vaccinated persons in Qatar will be in green with a golden frame.
The Health Status for citizens, residents, visitors who have received the vaccine outside Qatar will remain green without a golden frame until their vaccine data is updated in the system or through the Overseas Vaccine Portal (www.ehteraz.gov.qa).
The Health Status on the Ehteraz app will remain red throughout the isolation period, until the result of their COVID-19 test comes out negative.
Diplomats, administrative card holders and VIP visitors arriving on official state visits are excluded from this measure.
- SIM card from one of Qatar's service providers (Ooredoo or Vodafone) or an international SIM card.
- Mobile internet connection.
- The smartphone should support Android 6, newer versions or IOS 13.5 and later versions.
- Download and install the app on the mobile phone either via Google Play, Apple App Store or from any online search engines.
- SIM cards and smartphones are available for purchase at Hamad International Airport and Abu Samra border crossing if the passenger does not own them before arrival.